12.14.2009

German Pancakes

My first enrichment activity here in Canada we did a little menu planning. We were trying to brainstorm easy breakfasts and I, of course, suggested German Pancakes because our family eats them...oh...a couple times a week.

The other sisters looked at me like I was crazy: What kind of pancakes?

I thought they were joking. These babies are a STAPLE meal.



German Pancakes (or Hootenanny's)

1/4 cup butter
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
6 eggs
pinch of salt

Turn oven on to 400. Put butter in 9x13 pan and stick in the oven until melted. Meanwhile, mix all ingredients together (either in blender or by hand with a whisk). Mix until smooth. Dump into the pan and let cook for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned and puffed up.

Enjoy with syrup and powdered sugar.

3 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

I'm gonna have to try your recipe. I make them every now and then with my mom's recipe but it would be fun to try a different one.

Hillary said...

We love these at our house too, though growing up we called them Popeye Pancakes (no idea why). Try them with lemon juice and powdered sugar--so yummy!

Tara Fears said...

Or HOOTERS as we call them! :)