1.25.2011

Quick and Easy Breadsticks

This recipe is so fast and goes delicious with pizza, pasta, salad, soup, fruit...you get the idea. They literally come together in 5 minutes and cook in 10, which means I make them weekly. I usually sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top but this time we were out, so I tried mozzarella and LOVED it. The cheese got all crunchy and delicious.

Just try them and you'll see what I mean.


Quick and Easy Breadsticks

3 to 3 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon yeast
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 cups warm water
melted butter
cheese (parmesan, mozzarella, cheddar...whatever you want to try!)

Add 3 cups flour, salt, yeast, and honey to a bowl. Slowly mix while adding warm water. Knead until shiny and smooth. If you need to add more flour, do so until the dough isn't sticky.

Roll into rectangle. Put dough on cookie sheet and slice with pizza cutter.

Spread melted butter and sprinkle grated cheese (I love mozzarella!) on top.

Bake at 400 degrees for 10-14 minutes until golden brown.

1 comment:

Carmina said...

A great addition to my collection. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try this especially for my family.