4.02.2009

Cereal Candy

OK, I can't find the blog I found this recipe from, but I wanted to give credit where credit was due (and use her picture too!) But I can't...I think it might be bookmarked on my other computer and I'm too lazy to go switch. But this turned out AMAZING.

Cereal Candy
5 C. Cheerios
5 C. Rice Chex
6 C. Speicial K

measure those into a large bowl. Then, in a large sauce pan put:

2 C. sugar
3/4 C. white corn syrup
1/2 C. butter (the real stuff please)
1 dash salt

Stir constantly and bring to a boil. Then add:

1 C. whipping cream

Now, use your candy thermometer and cook to soft ball stage, stirring constantly. (Let me add something here, she actually says that she cooks hers to 230, which is cooler than softball stage according to the thermometer. We did it to about 232 and it was yummy, but once it all cooled, it got pretty hard so I would stick with the 230 or maybe a tiny bit earlier than that even) Once at soft ball stage, remove immediately from the heat and add:

1 tsp. vanilla

Stir in vanilla and pour over your cereal. Gently toss anc coat the cereal. Once all coated, pour out on a large cookie sheet to cool. Then enjoy!

No comments: