I'm a pineapple freak, so of course I loved this recipe. Ryan, who is not-so-much a pineapple freak, still thought it was tasty.
Also, I added about 5 slices of pickled jalapenos from a jar and it was soooo spicy. And I like spice. So beware.
- 6-10 chicken drumsticks
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced pickled jalapenos (if you want it spicy!!)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Cooked white rice for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Remove skin from drumsticks. Season drumsticks with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high. Saute chicken in two batches until golden, 5 to 7 minutes per batch, transferring each batch to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Wipe skillet clean; add pineapple juice, ginger, and jalapeno. Cook over medium heat until syrupy and reduced to 3/4 cup, about 7 minutes. Pour sauce over chicken. Add scallions; toss to coat. Serve with white rice, if desired.