Another great, easy, yummy recipe from allrecipes.com. We've made this a couple times and I love it because I usually have all the ingredients on hand and it is fast to whip it up for a delicious dinner.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups milk (or to the consistency you like - I usually add about 1 1/2 cups)
- 6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long. Toss with hot pasta to serve.