11.08.2009

Triple Berry Muffins


I have a really great extended family full of amazing cooks. My uncles are no exception. This is a recipe that my Uncle Bruce gave me and they are oh-so good. The ultimate test was when he fed them to his own children, who are some of the pickiest eaters I know, and they all gobbled them up.

I love that this uses the Costco Triple Berry mix, which I love. I used whole wheat flour and they turned out scrumptious; very crumbly, but yummy.

Triple Berry Muffins

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups milk
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
OR 2 cups Costco triple berries, thawed and lightly chopped


Directions:
Mix all dry ingredients together. Lightly beat eggs, butter and milk, then add to dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Chop fruit - pieces shouldn't be too large and fold into batter. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

{From Uncle B.}

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I LOVE berries so I bet this would disappear quickly at my house.