1 small onion, diced
1 28 ounce can tomatoes
1 12-ounce can tomato paste
1 TB sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1 bay leaf
2/3 16-ounce pkg lasagna noodles (about 14 noodles)
15-ounce ricotta cheese
16-ounce mozzarella cheese, diced
1. In a 5 quart pan, cook ground beef and onion until juices evaporate and beef is browned. Add tomatoes, their liquid, and the next 8 ingredients.
2. Heat mixture to boiling, stirring to break up tomatoes. REduce heat to low, cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring mixture occasionally.
3. Discard bay left. Tilt pan and spoon off any fat which accumulates on top of sauce. Cook lasagna noodles as label directs; drain well in colander.
4. In 13 x 9 baking dish, arrange half of drained lasagna noodles, overlapping to fit. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
5. In a small bowl with spoon, combine eggs and ricotta cheese and spoon one-half of this mixture over lasagna noodles in baking dish.
6. Sprinkle with one-half mozzarella; top with one-half sauce. Repeat layers. Bake in oven 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.