9.24.2008

Southwestern Chicken Soup

DIVINE! I just made this for the first time tonight and lucky for all of you...posting this recipe was the FIRST thing I thought of as I ate and enjoyed. TRY IT!

1-12 oz. Jar Salsa Verde (OK, I don't know WHAT this is but I just used a jar of La Victoria Green Taco Sauce and it was fabulous)
3 C. Cooked Chicken Pieces
1-15 oz. cannelloni beans, drained
3 C. Chicken Broth
1 tsp. Cumin
2 Green Onions, chopped
Sour Cream
Tortilla Chips

Empty Salsa into large saucepan. Cook 2 min on medium heat. Add chicken, beans, broth & cumin and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Top each bowl with a sprinkling of onions, sour cream and tortilla chips.

I also think next time I make it (and there WILL be a next time very soon) I'll also add cilantro and avocado to the 'topping' list.

Enjoy. I got this recipe from my Sister in-Law who got it from a Real Simple magazine. Sorry, no picture...but trust me, it was great and super quick and easy to make.

No comments: