6.06.2008

Cashew-Curry Chicken Salad

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Honestly, it's the yummiest light meal. I think I might make this TOO often and I have yet to get sick of it yet! I got it from my Sister in-law, Liz

12 oz. uncooked Rotini (spiral pasta)
2 C. cubed cooked chicken
1 C. halved red grapes
1/2 C. chopped red bell pepper
1/4 C. chopped green onions
2 oranges, peeled and chopped (I use a can mandarin oranges)

Dressing:
1/2 C. mayonnaise
3 T. orange juice (can use the juice from mandarin oranges)
1 t. curry powder
1/4 C. sour cream
2 T. honey
1/4 t. salt

Cook rotini as directed on package. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool. Combine cooked rotini and all remaining salad ingredients. In small bowl combine dressing ingredients, blend well. Add to salad. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving time. Makes 8 servings.

I like to make this and split it in half to make two meals. I don't put the cashews on it until it's READY to eat because I don't like the soft nuts. And I don't put it on the stuff I'm keeping in the fridge for later (until I eat it).

Jessica...You guys like Curry right? You'll LOVE this!!!

No comments: