6.06.2008

THE cookie recipe

I don't know where this originated BUT I'm the pickiest cookie eater. Most cookies don't even get ONE bite from me because they don't look good enough. These...are good enough! PROMISE!

1 C. Butter (softened)
1 C. Brown Sugar
1 C. Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 C. Flour
2 1/2 C. Oatmeal, blended (I don't blend mind to a powder, I like the little oatmeal chunks)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1-12 oz bad of chocolate chips (semi or milk)
1-4 oz. Hershey Bar (grated, FREEZE it first to avoid the big chocolate mess)

Mix Sugars and butters, add eggs and vanilla...then the flour and oatmeal. Then the Chocolate Chips..(you knwo the drill). When you put the chocolate shavings in, don't mix it too much. You don't want the shavings to MELT and then it will just become chocolate cookie dough. That's not what this is. I like to 'freeze' the shavings while I make the rest of the dough to make sure it's cold and has less chance of meltage.

Bakd at 350 for 8 minutes. This is an awesome cookie recipe where you can freeze your little cookie dough balls and have cookies on hand. If you do that, then bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Yummers!

No comments: