6.06.2008

Pei Wei Spicy Chicken Salad

Have you eaten at Pei Wei's before? It's the P.F. Chang's guy...a casual restaurant...not one here in Utah (that I know of) Anyhow, this is a salad from there. I've had it...and I've made this, both are unbelievable! I found this recipe online somewhere, can't remember...but I'm sharing it with you for selfish reasons. I NEVER want to lose this recipe again (I've lost and found it about four times). So, consider yourselves LUCKY!

Salad
1-2 heads Romain lettuce
2 tomatoes (chopped)
sugar snap peas (halved)
1 carrot (chopped)
3 sprigs basil (chopped) -*I actually didn't use basil, I used Cilantro...Yummers!
1 bunch green onions (chopped)

Spicy Chicken
Frozen Orange Chicken (can be found at Costco) Cook chicken according to package directions. Use the orange sauce provided in the box (it mixes nicely with the dressing to create the ultimate dressing)
Hot Sauce (totally optional. I did NOT use it...which made this salad not so spicy but totally delicious still)
Lime Vinaigrette
Juice from 2 limes
2 T. water
1 T. sugar
salt & pepper to taste
Oil

Combine lime juice, water, sugar and salt and pepper. Slowly add desired amount of oil while stirring.

As you can see the instructions are vague. But I'm sure you all can put together a salad. TRY THIS! You'll LOVE it! Next time I make it I'm going to add crushed won tons to it too!!! You'll have to let me know what little changes you make when you make it so as to perfect the salad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been to a Pei Wei in Salt Lake City. Actually, I didn't even realize it, but I looked at their website and there are four in utah.

Thanks for the salad recipe!

Anonymous said...

I recently went to a Pei Wei and order this salad. When it came to the table, I stared at the glistening chicken and quiveringly asked my little waitress. Do you use a lot of sugar in this? She honestly didn't know....Anyways, after a couple of bites, I knew I couldn't possibly finish the salad. The manager came by my table, obviously knowing that I was concerned about my lunch. He was so nice, and asked his team to make me another salad with no dressing, and steamed chicken. I ate it just like that. Anyways, you know what he told me about the dressing they use in that salad? 3 parts sugar to 1 part vinegar. Think about that.