1.09.2009

Blueberry Muffins

Well, to celebrate New Years...Gary and I stayed home, watched the crazy stunts on ESPN, drank Bubbly, worked on a puzzle, jumped on bubble wrap, you get it. After all the festivities, I decided to make blueberry muffins for a little New Years day early breakfast (since we were no where done working on our puzzle!) We both really really liked them so I thought I would share them. (Got them online)

Ingredients:

3 1/4 C. Flour
1 1/2 C. sugar
1 tsp. Salt
4 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
Rind of 1 lemon
2 Eggs
2 C. Buttermilk
1/2 C. Vegetable Oil
2 C. Frozen Blueberries
1/2 C. Pecans, chopped (optional)
Decorating Sugar

Line the muffin tins with paper liners and spray. Combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda) into large bowl. Add lemon rind and pecans.

In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, and oil until combined. Add this to the flour mixture and stir until the batter is just combined. Gently fold in the blueberries and distribute as evenly as possible. It is important that you don't stir the batter too much or the muffins will be tough.

Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pans, filling each up to the brim (NOT, I did this with my first batch NOT so good...try about 3/4 full). I sprinkled each muffin with some decorating sugar (maybe about 1/2 teaspoon). Bake in oven preheated to 375 for 23-25 minutes or until brown. Cool for about 10 minutes in the muffin pan then remove the muffins and DEVOUR! :) I don't like blueberries, so I did my first batch with blueberries and the second batch with blueberries.

No comments: