1.19.2009

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Fabulous! I made it for Gary to take to EQ on Sunday (Yes, they have treat assignments) These turned out delish.

Mix together well: (I used my mixer)

1 C. soft margarine
2 C. creamy peanut butter
3 C. or 1 lb. icing sugar
1 inner seal package of crushed graham crackers (I used my blender to get this all blended to a powder. BUT, I'm thinking just crushing it might be fun to try next time as well. Give it a little crunch.)

Spread mixture onto a cookie sheet (9x13). Melt about 1 bag of Milk Chocolate Chips and spread over peanut butter mixture. Place in the refrigerator or freezer to harden.

Tip: I kept it in the fridge all night long and tried to cut it to bring to church on a plate but the chocolate cracked all over the place. So, we let it sit out for a bit (Sacrament and Sunday School) and cut it after that...chocolate cut much better but the peanut butter was quite soft (totally yummy!) But what I'd probably do is let it sit out, cut it, put it on a plate and put it back in the fridge for a little bit to cool the peanut butter a tad. Oh, I'm craving a piece of this right about NOW!

No comments: